The system is collection of computer tools, Intranet and Internet connection infrastructure for interactions over the local area network and an efficient web-based application using PHP scripting language as backbone of the system. The ePageant Management System (ePMS) is a web based system wherein all the information is generated and retrieve in a computer using a web browser.
The system is comprised of a web page made for both client and the server. The client is where the judges cast their votes to a contestant, the client-side of the system will be configured according or depending on the organizer of the event, which means all the criteria and percentage for judging is editable and can be arranged by the organizer. During the contest, a window will automatically appear and show all the information, such as the name, pictures, and statistics etc., of the contestant who is performing. The server-side of the system is the part where all the computation happens. This functions includes the registration of the contestant, the standing or status of the contest judging, the configuration and maintenance of the database, the arrangement of criteria and percentage of judging, automation of tabulation of results, and the tabulation report generation.
The system computerizes all of the information needed and the tabulation program saves time by allowing contestants' names and addresses once entered, to be used to prepare the registration forms and the contest scorecards. Furthermore, the computer system uses the information to prepare a final output with the names and scores, eliminating the need to type a result sheet.
The ePageant Management System will be used in any beauty pageant to access a great support in judging event to gain efficient process in conducting the whole event in much easy and faster way. The system will benefit especially the organizations and student councils who will conduct contest and competitions.
To test the system in a local connection, the system requires XAMPP windows application. XAMPP is the combination of Apache, MariaDB, Perl and (PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) PHP 7. XAMPP helped researcher to design the database of the system. PHP is a server side scripting language used to manage the database side of ePMS. jQuery framework was integrated to the system for end-user validation. AngularJS and Bootstrap framework for Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) was added for more responsive and user-friendly interface.
- Registration form for judges, contestants and event;
- Eliminating the need to hand prepare a master scorecard;
- Minimal User Interface (UI) and user-friendly;
- Automatic tabulation of scores;
- Generate pageant results;
- Comprehensive criteria and easy judging;
- View standing of contestant using charts and visual data;
- Configuration and maintenance of database; and
- Log in features and password encryption.
Go to this link first, http://epageant.x10.bz/
1. To start using the Organizer part of the system, go to Index page and select Organizer button. The system will load the sign in page for the Organizer, fill up the username and password then select the event and the system will load the empty Dashboard page.
2. The next step an Organizer will do is to register a Judge for the event. To do this, click Manage Event > Judges then hover the cursor to the top left corner. Click the Register dropdown button and select Judges. The form for the Judge will be shown. Fill up the necessary details and credentials for the judges and click Register.
3. Next is to create Contest and Criteria for the event. To do this, go to Manage Event > Contest and Criteria. The system will let you customize the contest and criteria. Fill up the form with your Contest name then click the Add button right next to it. The added contest will be shown.
4. To add a Criteria for the contest, click the dropdown button in the top left corner of the contest card then click Add Criteria. Other dropdown options are shown and is self-explanatory. In the criteria page, fill up the Criteria title and its corresponding percentage then click Add.
5. To add a Contestant for the event, go to Manage Event > Contestant then hover the cursor to the top left corner. Click the Register dropdown button and select Contestant. The form for the Contestant will be shown. Fill up the necessary details and credentials for the contestant and click Register.
6. If Organizers want to add and generate tickets for the audience to vote, go to Manage Event > Event Details. The page will load the event tree and details for the event. Hover the cursor to the top left corner of the page and click Ticketing and Audience. The page will load the Invite Code and Ticket Number for the Audiences use. To generate ticket, fill up the desired amount and click Generate. The system will generate unique and non-repeating Ticket numbers.
7. To view the real time scores, go to Manage Event > Contest and Criteria. Select the event and hover the cursor to the top left corner of the contest card. Click the dropdown menu and select View Scores. The system will load the real time casted scores of Judges for the Contestants. To print the scores, click the Print icon on the top left corner of the Judges name.
8. To view the activity logs, go to Dashboard > Activity Logs. To export the logs, go to the top left corner of the page. Select the Export As dropdown menu then select Export as PDF.
Event Code: C8Q7E0
1. To start using the Judges part of the system, go to Index page and select Judge Button. The system will load the sign in page for the Judges, fill up the username and password then select the event and the system will load the Event code page. Fill the text box form using the Event Code and click Start. The system will load the Main page of the judge’s user interface showing the names and photos of the Contestants.
2. To start voting for the Contestant, hover the cursor to the contestant’s card then click the Eye icon at the middle. This will load the next page. Now, click the Start Judging button.
3. To cast votes, fill up the form and criteria with the desired percentage corresponding to the contestant’s performance. Click the Submit button then confirm the submission by clicking Yes or No. The page will show a green check icon indicating that the vote has been submitted successfully. Repeat this step for the other contestants.
4. To log out, click the Avatar at the top left corner of the system. Select Logout and confirm submission by clicking Yes.
That's all I can give you about the details. If you're wondering visit my profile at http://isaacarcilla.tech/